Course Length: 6 Hours
16 Apr Guns & Roses “Ladies Only” 10 AM – 4 PM $125
This is a one day (6 hour) course designed for the beginning or novice shooter. The student will become familiar with firearms safety rules, safe gun handling and the storage of firearms and ammunition in the home. Students will learn the parts & operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, with hands-on practice. The class will cover handgun shooting basics such as proper grip, shooting positions, aiming, sight alignment, sight picture, hold control, breath control and trigger control —again with hands-on practice. The class will cover what you should consider before buying a gun —and finding the right gun for you. The students will learn the range rules, how to clean guns, complete a written test and range firing at the Rabbit Creek Range. If pregnant, please check with your Dr. before shooting.
The following is a list of required equipment.
- Good Attitude
- Brimmed Hat (Baseball Hats Work Fine)
- Appropriate Range Gear / Clothing: (Long Pants, Closed Toe Shoes or boots– basically clothing appropriate for the weather/temperature.)
- Eye & Ear Protection – (loaners available if you forget yours)
- Bottled Water, Sack Lunch, Snacks, etc.
- Pen & Paper For Notes
1) LIVE AMMUNITION IS NOT PERMITTED IN THE CLASSROOM
2) All handguns used in this course are provided by the instructor. (No personal firearms permitted).
To Register, go to COURSE REGISTRATION page
Military Discount: 10% to Retired or active duty and their spouses.